Committee Meeting Minutes 31 August 2016

Please see below the minutes of the latest Worthing & District Committee meeting held on 31 August 2016

Worthing & District Badminton Association

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 31st August 2016 at

18 St Lawrence Avenue, Worthing at 8.00pm

 Present

Derek Webb – Chairman

Keith Guiver – President

Paul Jackson – League Secretary

Helen Moore – Secretary

Steve Webber – Treasurer

George Woollard

  • 1) Apologies were received from Meg Brackley
  • 2) Minutes of Previous Meeting – the Chairman agreed the April minutes as correct and signed them
  • 3) The junior tournament organised by Chris Haysom was a great success and the league contributed £90.00 for the trophies
  • 4) Chairman’s report – Thanks was given to Paul for driving the changes to both the Worthing and Brighton league rules
  • 5) Secretary’s report – Derek requested that the Chairman’s message on the website be removed. (this has been actioned)
  • 6) Treasurer’s report – The account stands at £530.00 including £180.00 received for the coaching day. Steve is going to be at the fixtures meeting and the fee is £5 per club
  • 7) League Secretary’s report – The closing date for team entries has passed however, three major clubs have not yet submitted their teams. Paul will send a reminder tomorrow
  • 8) New Rules – The rules have been agreed at the joint EGM with the Brighton League and issued to clubs, they are to be added to the website (this has been actioned)
  • 9) Coaching day- Portslade Sports Centre has not booked the old hall and has offered the new hall instead. This means we only have 16 places and the finances do not add up, we will make a loss of £72. Helen to ask PSC to reduce the cost by £72 (this has been actioned and PSC have refused). We have one remaining place, Helen to add a post on the website (this has been actioned)
  • 10) AOB –
    • 3 Series for 2016-2017, the flyer has been put on the website.
    • BE Engagement tour is on Tuesday 20th September at Falmer, Helen to forward to all clubs (this has been actioned)
    • Sussex Restricted is hopefully set for 1st and 2nd October, Saturday at Worthing Leisure Centre and Sunday at the Triangle, Burgess Hill.
    • The website could be tidied and updated, Paul and Helen to action
    • Under 21 trophy, George is to diary for the return of the trophy
  • 11) The date of the next meeting – Wednesday 11th January 2017 8.00pm at George’s Home, 18 St Lawrence Avenue.

The meeting finished at 8.45 pm